The important components in the environment of the Magento 2 local development
In the development of the local Magento 2, the flow of the process is very similar to regular software development. This involves steps like the ‘dev’ machine (local), production server, and Integration server. Adding the preview server is up to the developer and the program.
Regardless of the steps of the coding process or the extension development process, the first level is creating the environment. The final outcome of the sellers’ websites depends on this. In this article, you would learn more about the components of the Magento 2 local development.
In the local development system, one can develop and then start the code inside of the environment. Doing this while using the Magento production server is running is useful for proper configuration. Administering this in real-time conditions would give you a clearer picture of the system of Magento 2.
Also, when you are using the system of Magento 2.0 development, you need to run this application keeping it in the developer mode. After you have figured out and implemented the necessary requirements of the local development process, you can go ahead with the installation process.
In reality, there are two given manners of installing the Magento 2 store development locally. They are:
The virtual machine of installing is very different from the usual manual coding process. Indeed, you can skip a lot of the steps in this alternative method. For example, installing the LAMP stack is not necessary.
Plus, it is important to mention that you can combine this tool alongside the environment tool available virtually. For example, if you are using Docker or Vagrant, you can opt for the VirtualBox alongside it. Thus, the instances for this local development process are open to sharing or reuse.
Sometimes, the local system one is using can match the Magento 2 system requirement accurately. In this scenario, you can choose to install the program manually. The steps are the same as the installation process of the production server of Magento.
Before you can go ahead with any other steps, a Magento store developer would suggest the need for local development optimization. Some points to consider for that are:
- You should not use the MySQL database; instead, opt for Percona.
- Using PHP is important, as long as it is the up-to-date supported version. This would improve the environment’s performance in Magento 2 development.
- You can use the PHP OPcache and enable it, and that would improve the code-reading process.
- Switch on the timestamp validation of opcache.
- Also, make sure that the caching factor is active, and in the default position. This is important for the testing process.
- Use the Xdebug if necessary, and switch it on then. Keep it shut off the rest of the time, as it takes up too much memory.
- In case, you need sample data, include it in the local environment of the Magento 2 development through cloning repositories or composer.
In summary, when you are developing the local environment of Magento 2, keeping all of this in mind would improve the outcome.